NCERT Solutions for Class 9th Science
Chapter 3. Atoms and Molecules
Additional -Questions 3
Q1. What is atomicity?
Ans: The number of atoms contained in a molecule of a substance is called its atomicity.
Q2. How molecules are categrised on the base of atomicity?
1. Monoatomic Molecules (Molecule having 1 atom)
2. Diatomic Molecules (molecule having 2 atoms)
3. Triatomic Molecules (molecules having 3 atoms)
4. Tetraatomic Molecules (molecules having 4 atoms)
5. Ployatomic Molecules (molecules having more than 4 molecules)