NCERT Solutions for Class 8th Science
Chapter 7. Conservation of Plants And Animals
- Completely destroying the forest for fulfilling the specific purpose of wood or land is known as deforestation.
- The increase in temperature on the earth disturbs the water cycle and may reduce rainfall. This could cause droughts.
- Gradually the fertile land gets converted into deserts. It is called desertification.
- Areas where animals are protected from any disturbance to them and their habitat is called Sanctuary.
- Areas reserved for wild life where they can freely use the habitats and natural resources are called National Park.
- Large areas of protected land for conservation of wild life, plant and animal resources and traditional life of the tribals living in the area is called Biosphere Reserve.
- The plants and animals found in a particular area are termed flora and fauna of that area.
- Endemic species are those species of plants and animals which are found exclusively in a particular area.
- Red Data Book is the source book which keeps a record of all the endangered animals and plants.
- When any bird or animal covers a long distance to go another place living for sometimes. This is known as migration.
- Endangered species are those which are facing the danger of extinction.
- Reforestation is the restocking of destroyed forests by planting new trees.