NCERT Solutions for Class 8th Science
Chapter 18. Pollution of Air and Water
Text Book Exercise
1. What are the different ways in which water gets contaminated ?
2. At an individual level, how can you help reduce air pollution?
3. Clear, transparent water is always fit for drinking. Comment.
4. You are a member of the municipal body of your town. Make a list of measures that would help your town to ensure the supply of clean water to all its residents.
5. Explain the differences between pure air and polluted air.
6. Explain circumstances leading to acid rain. How does acid rain affect us?
7. Which of the following is not a greenhouse gas?
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Sulphur dioxide
8. Describe the ‘Green House Effect’ in your own words.
9. Prepare a brief speech on global warming that you have to make in your class.
10. Describe the threat to the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
11. Why does the increased level of nutrients in the water affect the survival of aquatic organisms?