NCERT Solutions for Class 7th Science
Chapter 4. Heat
- Temperature is measured by a device called thermometer.
- The thermometer that measures our body temperature is called a clinical thermometer.
- The temperature of normal body is 37 °C.
- The range of clinical thermometer is 37 °C to 42 °C.
- The range of laboratory thermometer is -10°C to 110°C.
The process by which heat is transferred from the hotter end to the colder end of an object is known as conduction.
The process of transferring of heat in liquid like water is known as convection.
The process of transferring the heat which does not need any medium is known as radiation.
The materials which allow to pass the heat from themselves easily are known as conductor of heat. EX:- copper, Iron, almunium etc.
The materials which does not allow to pass the heat from themselves are known as bad conductor of heat. Ex:- wood, plastics etc.
Poor conductors are known as insulators.
The warm air from the land moves towards the sea to complete the cycle. The air from the sea is called the sea breeze.
The cool air from the land moves towards the sea. This is called the land breeze.