NCERT Solutions for Class 7th Science
Chapter 17. Forests: Our Lifeline
- The branches of the tall trees look like a roof over the other plants in the forest that is called a canopy.
- Branchy part of a tree above the stem is known as the crown of the tree.
- The dead plant and animal tissues and convert them into a dark coloured substance called humus.
- The micro-organisms which convert the dead plants and animals to humus are known as decomposers.
- Forests protect the soil from erosion.
- The various components of the forest are interdependent on one
- Different layers of vegetation provide food and shelter for animals,
birds and insects.
- Soil helps forests to grow and regenerate.