NCERT Solutions for Class 7th Science
Chapter 16. Water : A Precious Resource
- Water is essential for all living beings. There can be no life without it.
- The world water day celebrating every year 22 March.
- About 71% of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
- Water exists in three forms: solid, liquid and vapour.
- The groundwater is stored between layers of hard rock below the water table. This is known as an aquifer.
- The rainwater can be used to recharge the groundwater. This is
referred to as water harvesting or rainwater harvesting.
- A level where all the space between particles of soil and gaps between rocks are filled with water.The upper limit of this layer is called the water table.
- The solid form, snow and ice, is present as ice caps at the poles of the earth.
- Liquid water is present in oceans, lakes, rivers, and even underground.
- The gaseous form is the water vapour present in the air around us.