NCERT Solutions for Class 7th Science
Chapter 14. Electric Current and its Effects
The cell is a device in which produced electric current by chemical changes.
A combination of two or more cells is called a battery.
- The wire gets hot when an electric current passes through it. This is the heating effect of the electric current.
- Safety device using in electric circuits is called as fuse.
- In the bulb there is a thin wire, called the filament .
- It begins to flow excess electric current in a circuit due to connect many devices to the single socket. This is known as overloading.
- The cells of torch is connected in series.
- Nicrome is the element made of electric heater.
- Full Form of CFL is Compact fluorescent lamp.
- Full Form of MCB is Miniature circuit breaker.
- When the electric current is switched off, the coil generally loses its
magnetism. Such coils are called electromagnets.
- The amount of heat produced in a wire depends on its material, length