NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science
Chapter 5. SEPARATION OF SUBSTANCES
- Methods of separating substances are Handpicking, winnowing, sieving, sedimentation, decantation and filtration.
- Husk and stones could be separated from grains by handpicking.
- Evaporation can be used to separate a solid dissolved in a liquid.
- A saturated solution is one in which no more of that substance can be dissolved.
- A saturated solution is one in which more of that substance can be dissolved.
- Separation methods is used to remove or picked out unwanted substances from mixtures.
- A solution is prepared by dissolving a substance in a liquid.
- The separated husk is used for many purposes such as fodder for cattles.
- Winnowing is commonly used by farmers to separate lighter husk particles from heavier seeds of grain