NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science
Chapter 2. COMPONENTS OF FOOD
- Vitamin A – It keeps our skin and eyes healthy.
- Vitamin C – It helps body to fight against many diseases.
- Vitamin D – It helps our body to use calcium for bones and teeth.
- A violet colour indicates presence of proteins in the food item.
- Blue black colour indicates presence of starch in the food item.
- Night blindness, Beriberi, scurvy, Rickets, Goiter and anaemia are deficiency diseases.
- Loss of vision and night blindness occurs due to deficiency of Vitamin A.
- Beriberi occurs due to deficiency of Vitamin B1.
- Scurvy occurs due to deficiency of Vitamin C.
- Rickets occurs due to deficiency of Vitamin C.
- Goiter occurs due to deficiency of Iodine.
- Anaemia occurs due to deficiency of iron.
- Proteinss help in growth of body and healing of wounded tissues.
- Proteins, Carbohydrates, Fats, Vitamins and Minerals are nutritional Components.
- Pulses, milk, egg, Fish, and Soyabean are the main sources of proteins.
- Vitamin D is prepared in our body in presence of sunlight?