NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science
Chapter 12. ELECTRICITY AND CIRCUITS
Exercise (NCERT Text Book)
1. Fill in the blanks :
(a) A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called _______________.
(b) An electric cell has _______________ terminals.
2. Mark 'True' or 'False' for following statements:
(a) Electric current can flow through metals.
(b) Instead of metal wires, a jute string can be
used to make a circuit.
(c) Electric current can pass through a sheet of thermo Col.
3. Explain why the bulb would not glow in the arrangement shown in Fig. 12.13.
4. Complete the drawing shown in Fig 12.14 to indicate where the free ends of the two wires should be joined to make the bulb glow.
5. What is the purpose of using an electric switch?
Name some electrical gadgets that have switches
built into them.
6. Would the bulb glow after completing the circuit
shown in Fig. 12.14 if instead of safety pin we
use an eraser?
7. Would the bulb glow in the circuit shown in Fig. 12.15?