NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science
Chapter 11. LIGHT, SHADOWS AND REFLECTIONS
11. LIGHT, SHADOWS AND REFLECTIONS
Opaque objects: Objects which do not allow passing the light through them are known as opaque objects. Example: wood, wall, book etc.
- Transparent objects:Objects which allow light passing through them are known as transparent objects. Example: glass, water etc.
- Translucent objects: Objects which allow the light passing partially not completely through them are known as translucent.
Examples: oily paper, polythene and plastic etc.
- Luminous objects: Objects like the sun that give out or emit light of their own are called luminous objects. Examples: Sun, Bulb, lamp and candle etc.
- Screens: Objects on which shadows form are called screens.
- Shadow: When light passes through an opaque object it forms a shadow.