NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science
Chapter 1. FOOD: WHERE DOES IT COME FROM
- There are food items like milk, eggs, meat, chicken, fish, prawns, beef, pork and such others, which come from animals.
- The main sources of our food are plants and animals.
- Animals which eat only plants are called herbivores.
- Animals which eat only animals are called carnivores.
- All grains like wheat, rice, pea and fruits and vegetables.
- The components of any food items are known as ingredients.
- The eatable parts of plants are known as edible parts.
- The growth of baby plant from a seed is known as germination.
- Bees collect their honey in their hive.
- Nectar is sweet juice of flowers collected by bee which gets converted into honey.