NCERT Solutions for Class 10th Science
Chapter 9. Heredity and Evolution
- The rules for inheritance of such traits in human beings are related to
the fact that both the father and the mother contribute practically equal
amounts of genetic material to the child.
- A single copy of ‘T’ is enough to make the plant tall, while both copies have to be ‘t’ for the plant to be short. Traits like ‘T’ are called dominant traits.
- A single copy of ‘T’ is enough to make the plant tall, while both copies have to be ‘t’ for the plant to be short. Traits like ‘t’ are called recessive traits.
- Cellular DNA is the information source for making proteins in the cell.
- The amount of hormone will be less, and the plant will be short.
- Genes control characteristics, or traits.
- Most human chromosomes have a maternal and a paternal copy, and we have 22 such pairs. But one pair, called the sex chromosomes.
- Women have a perfect pair of sex chromosomes, both called X.
- Men have a mismatched pair of sex chromosomes in which one is a normal-sized X while the other is a short one called Y.
- a dead insect gets caught in hot mud it will
not decompose quickly, and the mud will eventually harden and retain
the impression of the body parts of the insect. All such preserved traces of living organisms are called fossils.
- The scientific name of human is homo sapiens.