NCERT Solutions for Class 10th Footprints Without Feet
Chapter Chapter 10. The Book That Saved the Earth
1. Why was the twentieth century called the ‘Era of the Book’?
Answer.The twentieth century was often called the Era of the Book. In those days, there were books about everything, from ant eaters to Zulus. Books taught people how to, and when to, and where to, and why to. They illustrated, educated, punctuated, and even decorated.
2. Who tried to invade the earth in the twenty-first century?
Answer The Martians tried to invade the earth in the twenty-first century.
3. What guesses are made by Think-Tank about the books found on earth?
Answer Think-Tank makes guesses about the books found on earth was that they are sandwiches meant for communication later he says that they are for eye communication.
4. Noodle avoids offending Think − Tank but at the same time he corrects his mistakes. How does he mange to do that?
Answer Noodle avoided offending Think-Tank, but at the same time he corrected his mistakes. Whenever he had to say something contrary to what Think-Tank said, he would present his thoughts by referring to them as being of no particular importance. In this way he would correct Think-Tank’s errors without making him feel that he was being corrected.
5. If you were in Noodle’s place, how would you handle Think −Tank’s mistakes?
Answer If I were in Noodle's place, I would have handled Think-Tank's mistakes the same way as Noodle does.
6. Do you think books are being replaced by the electronic media? Can we do away with books altogether?
7. Why are books referred to as a man’s best companion? Which is your favourite book and why? Write a paragraph about that book.
Answer Books are known to be as man's best companion. Human can make mentally and friendly relation with them. They can use them for knowledge as well as time pass purpose.